Friday, June 8, 2007

Accolades

I have had bestowed on me the highest compliment a legal clerk can obtain. This morning, after a lightning fast trip to the Supreme Court library, I was dubbed a ‘good photocopier’!

Photocopying is a vital skill for any aspiring lawyer. Even if you’re crap at legal research, even if you can’t argue your way out of a paper bag, if you’re a good photocopier you’ll be okay. People will like you because they can get you to do photocopying. And, let’s face it, no one likes to do photocopying.

The downside to being a good photocopier is that word of my prowess will soon spread. In my four weeks here I’ve only had to photocopy one article and one case, but now that everyone knows I am available and competent re photocopying duties, I may be in hot demand.

Who said a career in the law wasn’t glamourous?

No comments: