Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hey kids!

Greetings from occasionally-sunny-but-still-bloody-cold-all-the-time Hobart!

Yes, Imogen and I have returned southwards to the state shaped like a woman's pubic hair (don't blame me, it's on t-shirts here; they have a strange sense of state pride) to work for three weeks.

If you hadn't guessed, Hobart in winter is bloody cold. We arrived on Tuesday morning (we came via the ferry so we could bring the car over) and go to enjoy the leisurely drive from Devenport in the north allllll the way down to Hobart in the south. Three hours of watching a frost-encrusted landscape caused us to a) reminisce about Europe (it really can feel like you're there) and b) crank the car heater. Things haven't been quite so cold as that morning since, but I wouldn't be surprised if the car turned into a block of ice one morning. *shudder*

That said, apparently there's been a bit of snow up on Mt Wellington, so we may head up one morning to muck about.

Congrats must go to Messr. Roff for not only his law internship, but the discovery of his unhitherto-known super-skill of photocopying. Andy, be assured, if I ever get to write a thesis, I know who I'll be getting to make copies for me!

Today we visited the Cascade Brewery for it's 'Family Open Day', where beer, juice and a bouncy castle were all highlighted events. Today we only got some juice (we only were there for a short while, and I had to drive) but when we return on Thursday we'll no doubt snag some beer. Thursday also promises a Cadbury factory tour, so I now dub Thursday 'Beer-and-Chocolate-day' - I'm sure you can all join in on the mainland.

Glad to see that you all had much fun down at Victor (and it's so cute watching the boys trying to chop wood!), and was that Guitar Hero you were playing? If so, damn. Im and I both hope that we'll all be visiting there again come either September, December or anytime next year.

What else is up? Not much. My compy in Melbourne died (bastard!), so most of my pay from these three weeks will be going towards a new system (and yes George, I will be getting the Intel 6600, so don't worry). One little bonus to come out of my compy dying, however, is that Im's mum gave us a Mac Mini to keep - pretty nifty! It's going to become my little music-making-machine. :o)

Anyway, time is limited, and we have to get back to watching Spooks - it's really, bloody, fantastically good. I'd advise you lot to have a look sometime. *nods* We've also been watching the live-action version of The Tick and Press Gang. Don't judge us; we know where you live.

Hope you're all well and keeping warm.

Love Jules (and Im)

1 comment:

Andrew said...

It's Thursday, I've had chocolate, and tonight I will be having beer. I feel like a part of something much bigger than myself.

Also, yes that was guitar hero, and yes, you can play the trogdor theme song on it. And yes, it's awesome. But unfortunately, the GH disc didn't survive the weekend away. So now I have to ring up the evil masterminds at Sony and beg for a replacement disc. Wish me luck...