Friday, July 13, 2007

A Dilemma

Man, first blog post in ages... Where to begin...

Well, for starters, I'm a bit drunk... I also have a moral dilemma.... Just thought I'd let everyone in on that... Earlier today, I was quite ill, but a bottle of Canadian Club fixed that right up. Yep, a bottle. Technically, I shared it with a wisp of a girl, but she was very little (Hence, wisp), and so I poured her less and less as the evening went by. The logical flipside of that was that I poured myself more and more.

Given that I find her attractive, not necessarily the best solution in the world, but ah well...

So, I was driving home, from said girl's house, and I happened to take a bit of an odd route home (Flagstaff hill road, for the geographically inclined), and I happened to come across a roundabout. I stopped, as is the custom, and happened to notice a dog.

Or rather, the dog noticed me.

Namely, it attacked my car, several times. I beeped my horn at the dog, but this seemed only to encourage it, and flashing my head beams (it was attacking me head on) did the same. After a while, the dog got bored (I wasn't going to drive anywhere with the thing in front of me). It wandered off, and I decided to follow it, to make sure it went home. It got to the Hub Shopping Center (Home to the poor and infamous), and decided it was going to make its stand there, attacking my car again. I switched off the car, and the lights too, hoping to see if the dog gave up. This time, it didn't.

For one hour, I stayed at my car, waiting for the dog to leave, it kept on attacking the car. After the hour had passed, I switched on the car, and the dog retreated further inside the shopping center. I decided to hop out of the car, in the vain hope that I might simply be scared by it - it attacked me instead. I quickly got back in the car, and drove home.

My dilemma now is what to do. A normal person would just report this to the RSPCA. Those of you who know the story know that I have a checkered past with the RSPCA, at best. Nothing I want to go into on the bog, but I trust you all enough that, if you speak to me about it, I'll tell you the story. Anyway, they're not my greatest fans, and I feel the same about them. Nonetheless, someone needs to know about this dog, and they're the perfect people to help it (And punish the owner - no dog would be that violent without some massive abuse at home).

By dilemma, I don't mean dilemma exactly. I've already decided I need to call the RSCPA, and bear the consequences of my actions. I'm just searching for opinions on this... So, my question to the group is as follows:

If you were in my situation, and needed to report something, because it was the right thing to do, would you, knowing that you might somehow get in trouble as a result? Or would you leave the problem to sort itself out? Give reasons for your answer.

Until next time, adios!

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Classic George.

Unknown said...

a simple solution - come to mel's housewarming party. bring andrew and other adel people i know. it will be great, and distract from any recent bad animal incidents :)

i'll even try to have vodka and red bull for you :0

Andrew said...

I don't even go to parties in Salisbury. Apparently, Melbourne is even FURTHER away from Adelaide, if you can believe that.

Hungry George said...

Lies. Nowhere's further away than Salisbury.

Well, Salisbury North but, seriously, that's it. After that, it's just one great bogan wilderness, where young bogans roam around, searching for their next can of VB, and avoiding natural predators such as the fearsome kingswood.