Monday, May 21, 2007

Fully sick, mate

I have had a bad run over the last couple of days. As Scott Adams says, if you haven't got your health, you've got nothing.

It all started on Friday when I had my sixth sushi meal for the week. It was Sushi King, and it was not the freshest. I guess I tempted fate once too often. Later that night I was at the Gov watching a band, and there came a point where I knew I had to move to an outside location. Fast. I did so, chucked, and missed the rest of the set.

Now, Typhoid Mary (aka my flatmate Kate)) has given me her cold. We spent the weekend scouring chemists for cold medicine with pseudoephedrine. No, we're not drug dealers, we just want cold medicine that actually works. Kate went to two pharmacists and I went to one. We couldn't scor- I mean, purchase - the required drugs anywhere.

In my desperation I went to the supermarket, only to find shelf after shelf of herbal remedies. I'm now dosed up on garlic and other tasty herbs and spices. If herbal remedies worked, people in the middle ages would have lived past 40. I don't want hippies selling me ineffective drugs. I want old, evil men who test their products on cute animals, screw over the third world just to make a buck, and stuff their pills full of as many efficacious, loopy drugs as they can get past the government regulators. I rarely take cold medication, but when I do, it's because I have fricking symptoms, and I want them to go away.

So, today I bought some 'new formula' Codril day and night. Took 2 night time tablets about an hour ago. With the old stuff, I wouldn't even be able to type by now. But with the new stuff? I don't feel sleepy, just cheated.

3 comments:

Jono said...

but, starcraft2.com , so all is well in the world

Andrew said...

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but will do so as soon as I get home. Thanks for the message. Already I'm salivating. Come to think of it, maybe that's just another symptom of my cold...

Andrew said...

OMFG. Starcraft 2. I'm a believer.