Sunday, April 1, 2007

Bits and pieces

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone! No, just kidding, you all suck.

Google Analytics is a beautiful thing. For people who actually make money off their sites from advertising, it provides them with a breakdown of who's clicking what, and when. For the rest of us, it provides lots of interesting facts about our readership. For instance:

  • This week we had our first Japanese visitor, from Shimbashi chou, which I seem to recall is a district in Tokyo
  • Thanks to my obnoxious knocking of a much more famous blogger, our traffic this week was about six times higher than average.
  • On five occasions, someone (almost certainly Alice) couldn't remember the URL for this blog, so had to google 'Salmon Conversations" to get here
  • The only other visitor who's come from a search engine searched for "Gadens lawyers" + "billing targets". Hmm.


In other news, the graph in my Journal of Jog has gone from a dot to a line. Also, today I was doing some cheese work, and I was so bored, my brain started to rebel by creating awful jokes. For instance:

Q: What did the Mozzarella say when the Edam told a bad joke?

A: 'That's not very Gouda'.


Until next week, I'm Monica Attard. Goodnight.

No comments: