Sunday, April 15, 2007

Melbourne, Day Two

Hello all, and welcome to my second installment in my series of posts on the Melbourne holidays. I'm personally rather impressed that this second post even exists, partially because I'm tired, partially because I'm lazy, but mainly because I've had a bit to drink. Technically, my night isn't over just yet, but I thought a post now would be infinitely better than a post in say, one hour, when writing will become somewhat more difficult.

Melbourne so far has been treating me rather well. It rained today, which I suppose is par for course for the city. About two minutes later, it stopped raining, and the sun came out instead, followed by rain again in about twenty minutes. Again, this would have to be par for course for the city.

I'd have to say the highlight so far of my trip has been going to see Dylan Moran at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. There was no reason whatsoever to use hyperlinks for either of the previous two names, but by God, I like the pretty blue lines. Moran was his usual hilarious self, which is to say, a somewhat drunken Irishman making fun of anyone or anything that he could think of. It was fantastic, mainly because he didn't notice us.

Before ol' Dylan, we had a good little trip down to the Market, to have a look at various things that no person really needs, but that are nonetheless on sale. I managed to successfully waste time, and also have a small heart attack when I withdrew some cash and got a bank statement as to how much I had left - damn you Virgin!

Tomorrow, I'm going to be going to the Imax to see Frank Miller's 300 (oooh yeah, I'm definitely on a hyperlink power trip here). It should be a good little outing, and I'm hoping on getting some nice stylised violence worked into my holiday.

I think that's all for now - this post has basically consisted of me pulling words out of... somewhere, just to be able to say I had a post today. I'll post more tomorrow, with luck. I hope you're all doing well, and nothing too serious has happened in the outside world. Before I leave, I'll leave you with this momentary conundrum that's been plaguing me:

Would an Amish person lower their cart for better handling?

1 comment:

Andrew said...

George, on behalf of Adeladians, I think you should stay away. You seem to be a much more interesting person when you're in Melbourne. And a more frequent blogger...