Monday, April 2, 2007

I can be topical too!

Reading the paper today, I had a bit of a thought.

With the whole David Hicks thing, there are people who claim that those who protested on behalf of him did so due to a belief that he was innocent, whilst the protests were not about his culpability, but rather the unlawful conditions he was subjected to in Guantanamo.

So is it me, or is it ironic that it was likely those same people who vehemently proclaimed Princess Saint Schapelle Corby to be innocent, regardless of any little things like 'evidence'?

Ahh, politics. And to chime in on earlier topical rants, I'm all for the Government introducing a national broadband network. I mean, the other alternative is that Telstra does it, and who wants that?

Y'know, it could be fun to send dozens of Monopoly board games to Sol Trujillo... ;oP

And oh yeah, I'm in Adelaide. Who's doing what this weekend?

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Right on, man.

I'm glad someone else posted. I was beginning to feel like I was talking to myself, wasn't I, precious?

Hungry George said...

...Gollum references aside, the fact that you call yourself "precious" is a bit concerning, Andy :P