Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Here's something you don't know...

This morning I dreamt I was at the Rex. Andy from the Whitlams was playing a solo show. He sung really well, but his guitar was a bit quiet. The crowd listened very respectfully and with some sadness, because they knew as well as I that Andy from the Whitlams had died years ago, and he was playing to us from the other side. Then I was woken by the construction noises from next door, and I lay in bed a while.

Here's something else: this will be my last post on this blog. I was getting a bit frustrated of writing stuff that nobody was reading or responding to. At the same time, I wasn't really writing what I wanted to, when I wanted to, so it was kind of the worst of both worlds. I think a good blog has to have a certain critical mass of interaction, otherwise it's just someone's diary that (to the embarassment of both writer and occasional reader) has ended up on the 'net.

2 final thoughts, both earnestly held:
- Thanks, everyone;
- Go fuck yourselves.

3 comments:

trent said...

Aah another blog succumbs. Blogs are out. Facebook is in.

If it's exposure and interactivity that you want, maybe an individual blog isn't the right medium for it anyway.

My blog will finish once it has finished serving its purpose, ie when I'm back home.

Ashes to ashes...

Julian said...

That is sad to hear; I do enjoy popping in here every couple of days to read what's going on, even if I don't always comment.

But alas, that is the way with Internet social thingys - unless you have a huge number of people, things can ebb away, though they can resurge as well.

I do hope you reconsider the decision, ultimately.

- J

Unknown said...

bah!

who else is going to entertain me during boring data comms lectures?

alas alas.