Sunday, January 21, 2007

I've got a brand new camera baby (and the interior colour may or may not be red)

So those of you who already know this probably know this already, but I bought a camera this weekend. It's a Canon 400D and it's my purchase of the week. It takes awesome photos but it has to be treated like a lady. If you fiddle with its knobs too much it loses focus.

Speaking of out of focus, check these out!



























You can get a bigger version of the photos by clicking on them. Our George is a photogenic bastard, isn't he?

Before I sign off, I'd like to share something that happened to me last night. I was at a party, and there was a pretty girl sitting on my lap. Everyone in the immediate surrounds had had a bit to drink and there was much merriment. All was right with the world. Then, suddenly, unbidden, came a flash of memory that chilled the very marrow of my bones.

It was a recollection of one of Sandman's soliloquys, delivered on Good News Week almost a decade ago. In it, he recounted a similar experience where, 'at the end of year TAFE party, Gail, a mature age student, sat on my lap.' He goes on to recount an agonising forty minutes of numbness, tingling, and severe bladder pain until:

When she stood up and said 'let's go, swarthy,' I couldn't move. My legs were completely numb. All I could do was drop off the chair and wet myself. I suspect Gail was after someone who was better under pressure than me.
It's funny the tricks that our minds can play, isn't it? Why did my brain call that obscure piece of memory to mind? Luckily, the lovely lady on my lap was not a mature age TAFE student named Gail, and when eventually she stood up, I managed to retain control over my bladder.

For the rest of the night my calves were sore, though.

5 comments:

Alice said...

Andy you've been awful coy as to what else happened. Is this because it is improper content for this blog

Kate said...

dammit andrew i thought i avoided all photos! we may have to invoke a strict no papparazzi policy at home...

Andrew said...

Alice, if you pike early just because there's some creep trying to crack on to you, you don't get to know what happens at the rest of the party. That's the rules.

Kate said...

i dont think it's fair to be called a "piker" for leaving to avoid a creep cracking on to you.

Plus Alice seems to be predisposed to meeting a lot of weird guys and if you're not working in a mental institution that tends to get annoying...

Alice said...

And this guy was particularly creepy. I was pleased to find out that the sleazy wanker personality he had in high school had only grown further.

Kate you may remember him. He used to date Shazza.