Thursday, January 18, 2007

Musical events that I'm excited about

I'm glad that I waited 'till after lunch to write about the Blues and Roots Festival (5-9 April), because in the mean time they've released the second round of artist anouncements! Among others, I am excited about seeing Paul Kelly live for the first time. Paul is the slightly less famous uncle of Dan. Other people I'm hanging out to see are Ben Kweller, Rodrigo y Grabriella (again!!), Gomez, John Butler Trio, Eric Burden and the Animals, etc etc.

I have a five day ticket, so if other people want to come up for five days, or three days, or some other number of days, you should organise it soon. Apparently 5 and 3 day tickets are almost sold out. Get it sorted, people! If youse guys are interested, we can probably sort some accomodation out in Byron itself, so we can walk to Red Devil Park. Those with me last year may recall driving back to Lismore through floods, bone tired and jangly from all the speed balls, shouting at each other about Aboriginal cave drawings. Not as fun as it sounds.

I'd also like to mention that I'll almost certainly be in Sydney on June 20th. Why? Well, it may not be everyone's cup o' tea, but the PLAY! concert (sic annoying capitalisation) will be at the Sydney Opera House on that night. Yep, orchestrated video game music. This kind of thing very rarely comes to Australia, so I don't want to miss it. Scoff if you must, but if you seek understanding one could do worse than reading this article (nice web design skillz, too).

If anyone has thoughts, or wants to journey with me to these events, let me know.

PS: I've posted, Alice has posted, Julian's posted. Congrats! What about Kate, George and Jono? Pop that cherry!

6 comments:

Alice said...

I disagree. The indepth and educated arguement on Indigenous art works was rather amusing if you weren't Andrew.

Andrew said...

You can't call that wank of a conversation in depth and educated. I mean, really - if nothing else precludes these labels, there's the fact that George was a participant.

By the way, you've obviously resolved your password issues. Let me guess - you weren't entering in your whole/correct email address as your username. No, no need to thank me for helping you. I live to give.

Alice said...

I apologise for the oversight and thankyou for your help. You were right by the way.

And i'd like to add it was at least educated on my behalf (to begin with at least) at any rate still rather amusing as its the only think ive been able to have a debate about with you two

Jono said...

Ima keep my cherry where it is atm. It makes me very happy. I started writing a blog complaining about how Cliff Richard isn't keeping up with the music industry (won't explain why coz that'd be a spoiler), but I got bored of it coz it was very ambitious. I've written about half and it's about the length of other posts here, but most of it is explaining who Cliff Richard is so far and none of it explaining what he actually did. Is it alright to post that? Do I have your permission to write a half a post / 1/3 of a post? That'd be very post-modern.

Actually, this message is about the length of a decent post. Maybe if i'd spent my efforts on the post and not on this message I could've popped my so-called cherry by now. But that is a tale for another time...

Andrew said...

You can post anything you like on the blog. Just wear protection.

Anonymous said...

Good post.