Friday, March 9, 2007

Fringe Party '07

I got a lift into town with the Hicks family. Apparently their son's got himself into some sort of trouble.




The party was just getting started.




There were buskers and musicians everywhere.




Some idiot muso must have thought it was hard rubbish day.





I'm starving!




But the line up at the Yiros place is huge, and I have to meet Alice. She will be pissed off at me if I show up late, smelling of garlic sauce.




The agreed meeting place. Suddenly, night falls! Where is Alice?




Disaster averted. Alice and George arrive. Obligatory photo time.




Ah, Hungry Jacks. I am starving, but tonight is about culture, and Hungry Jacks is not culture. Your bacon deluxe cannot tempt me!




No time for food now - bring on the salsa girls!




They twirl, and I am strangely intrigued...




They pose for photos, and I am strangely intrigued...




Meet Porkchopper, the Fringe mascot for 2007.




A man who twirls fire. The crowd is not amused. Where did those salsa girls go?




People gather to watch the electronic musicians. Somehow I've managed to lose my friends.




Argh! It's Julian! I can sense he intends to hit me over the head with that rolled up Fringe program.




Alice, George, and Julian.




The crowds have not gone away. Y'all know you can click on these photos to get a bigger version, right?




Fireworks over the Nova Cinema




In Adelaide, we force small children to play in bands. We maintain that it's character building.




I think my camera has taken party drugs.




Time to go home. Sprint to catch the last bus!




All that running has made me thirsty. I'll stop and have a drink at these stagnant pools of water that I'm sure no drunken yobbo has befouled.




If I lived here, I'd be home by now. Alas, I do not live here.

No comments: