Friday, March 2, 2007

Who said archaeology didn't have a practical application?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Over the years a few of you have scoffed at my chosen profession due to the lack of employment in said area (and to tell you the truth, rightly so) however today you are to be dis proven. Not only am I currently employed for 54hrs of teaching but today I had a job interview at an Adelaide consulting firm. Now while I have yet to officially receive the job it did take them 2o mins to decide they wanted to take me on some 1 day field trips to see how I work.

So the wheels are turning and I may not even have to move interstate either. Who wants to have a drink to celebrate?

Catchya

Alice

5 comments:

Hungry George said...

Arghhh!! You don't post this stuff on the blog, you tell everyone you know, as soon as you hear!! Congrats Alley, keep us updated!

Andrew said...

Hurrah!

Julian said...

Wahey! Go team Alice!!!

*big hugs* :oD

Kate said...

Nice one sister!
It's definately a good feeling to know you're actually using what you've spent the last 5 years working your ass off for.

Drinks are on.

Andrew said...

Thank God for IT workers - they know how to write blog comments in bold, but are such poor spellers that they definitely need to hire overpaid technical writers to do their documentation.