Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Wake tradition in danger?

I think we all remember the first valentines wake: there were glasses of vodka, much vomiting and George attempting to travel through the city home the next day smelling and looking lovely... This night started a now 3 year running tradition of Valentines day wake. Why was this night such a success? There were no couples to depress the single people!

The next year on the 14th was a similar occasion (except I was allowed to come this time) - again the secret to its success was NO COUPLES!

But this year there seems to be an exception to the rule and frankly I've decided to speak out against this abomination of the Valentines day wake tradition.

I put this to you: If a couple are going to be attending this evenings 'wake' then we may as well forget about calling it
"The Valentines Day Wake" and instead rename it to "The Valentines Day Gathering" which in itself defeats the whole purpose of this day.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I have broken up with my girlfriend specifically for the occaision. I don't believe anyone shuld spend Valentine's Day in a relationship. My ex will not be attending.